Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Let’s solve the Decorating Dilemma…



I am all for decorating for Christmas come November 1st, but my roommate is passionate that we have to wait until after Thanksgiving.



Here is my story:

-There is just not enough time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, especially this year.
 -We are in our twenties, single.. We do not get a real tree. I understand people waiting till after Thanksgiving to get a tree so it does not start to die.
 -For those of you who put up lights.. We do not.. it is too cold come December to spend hours outside doing that.
-We do not decorate for Thanksgiving, seriously for Halloween, we had a single pumpkin decoration, do you think we have Thanksgiving decorations?! So the Christmas stuff would not be overtaking the Thanksgiving stuff.
 -There are so many great Christmas songs that a mere 20-some days to listen to them are not enough! (N’Sync Christmas all day today made my week!)
 -Santas can only stay up until the day after Christmas. New Year’s at best. Not long enough for these poor decorations. They need to see light too.
 -Snowman can stay up all winter, so as soon as it gets below freezing, I say put them out!

Moral of the story, I came back the day after Thanksgiving to decorate and jam out to Christmas music.

What’s your way?

Your Average Girl...




No comments:

Post a Comment