Tuesday, January 14, 2014

27 Dresses: The Sequel.. Cast me for lead role!

27 dresses 

On Sunday, I just ordered the second of four bridesmaid's dresses for this year!

Most women have seen the movie… but it is happening to me in real life!!! I have already been in 4 weddings to date.. plus I am in FOUR JUST NEXT YEAR.. that is not even counting all the weddings I am invited to.. Plus 3 of them I am standing up in are all within the same month!!

So after next year I will only have 19 to go until I am Katherine Heigl in this movie… My poor bank account.. But don’t get me wrong it is an absolute honor to be a part of four of my best friends’ big days. And I wouldn't trade standing their sides for the world.

Anyway, here is the dilemma, $200 (not even counting if you have to get it altered.. which is the plan for me due to being on a new workout regiment) on a dress you will never wear again.. They are all beautiful (no tacky ones like you hear about or see) so I wish I could, but help me here!

What are your real thoughts? Is it tacky to wear a fancier dress (old bridesmaid dresses) to another wedding? Does it depend how close you are to the person getting married? Granted if I am a date to someone’s sister’s wedding that I have never met before, I am not going to go super fancy. But say it is a cousin’s wedding, is a little fancier okay?

Does the material matter? If it's chiffon could I make it less fancy by taking off length if it's a long dress? Is satin too fancy to wear again, or does it depend on length?!

Also, do I keep all these dresses in hopes that some day they can be re-used? If that is the case, build me a new closet, just for them!

Can we all just have an old-dress-you-are-never-going-to-wear-again party?! Seriously think about it, might be kind of fun..

Your average bridesmaid

No comments:

Post a Comment